Summer Goals & Personal Growth Plan

It's summertime and the school year is over! 
7 Summer Self-Care Tips for the Stressed-Out College Student ...

For this summer, I will be intentional about my summer plans. This is a perfect time to prepare for the next school year. 

Goal #1: I will work on to finish pending TE 615 course assignments by the end of June 2020 to earn my Master of Arts in Teaching from SDSU.

MA Summer Lang Arts | SDSU


Goal #2: I will complete the 12 modules in the Online Basic Catechist Course by the end of August 2020 to teach a sacramental preparation class at St. John of the Cross parish. 

Teaching the Faith: Our Catechists - St. Joseph-on-Carrollton ...


Goal #3: I will work towards the Google Level 1 & Level 2 Certification by completing the required modules by the end of August 2020 to explore Google tools and Google classroom to use in my classroom.
Google Certification Level 2 | NYSCATE


Goal #4: I will update my teaching website by adding content and write my teaching blog by writing 2 blogs every week for the next 3 months, which will help me fulfill the Toastmasters Pathways level 4 projects in Presentation Mastery and Leadership Development.
Blog – Toastmasters District 48

Goal #5: I will read 5 different books on classroom management, the Daily 5, and innovative/blended learning this summer. 
The First Days of School: How to Be an Effective Teacher: Wong ...Discipline with Dignity: New Challenges, New Solutions: Richard L ...Amazon.com: Teach Like a Champion: 49 Techniques that Put Students ...The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (A ...
Teaching with Love and Logic: Taking Control of the Classroom by ...Teacher's Essential Guide Series: Classroom Management (Scholastic ...Innovate Inside the Box (Audiobook) by George Couros, Katie Novak ...The Daily 5: Fostering Literacy in the Elementary Grades

As you can tell my goals this summer revolve around professional and personal development as I am open and willing to grow both personally and professionally. I will use my monthly planner to schedule daily activities to stay engaged every day and have a productive summer. Meanwhile, I will also make sure to take very good care of myself by implementing a self-care routine for my physical, mental, spiritual, and socio-emotional health. I will meal plan and cook healthy plant-based meals, go on my daily walks, and resume my gym workouts once the gym re-opens. I will teach myself how to pray the rosary, read the Bible, and go to mass. I will read books, listen to audiobooks, and write every day (blogging and journaling). All of this may sound extremely ambitious, but I will work harder this summer to be a productive self. 

31 Summer Self-Care Ideas - Blessing Manifesting

Comments